- What does banana contain?
- What are the health benefits of bananas?
- How many calories are in one banana?
- What are the types of bananas?
- How do you choose bananas?
- How do I store bananas?
Bananas contain more potassium than tomatoes, which are known to have a higher content of this ingredient. Surprisingly, bananas are a relative of … ginger, turmeric and cardamom, although they are very far away. The name banana comes from an Arabic word bananaOr “finger.” Bananas are cheap, available year-round, and are great for eating raw and a great addition to other dishes, such as porridge and muffins. It is also used in cosmetics – it can be used to make a face mask.
What does banana contain?
Bananas are very valuable fruits. Not only does it contain valuable minerals, but it also contains vitamins Dietary fiber. And that’s not all! Tryptophan is also found in bananas, which causes the body to release serotonin (the so-called happiness hormone), which improves your mood. Thanks to the presence of inulin (a biological substance), these fruits promote the growth of good bacterial flora in the intestine. Banana contains:
- Vitamin B.6
- Vitamin C.
- Provitamin A.
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K.
The presence of potassium facilitates calcium absorption.
What are the health benefits of bananas?
Bananas are a wonderful fruit for everyone – not only children can eat, but also breastfeeding women and the elderly. You almost have an allergy to bananas. Bananas also:
- Normalizing blood pressure and protecting the heart
- Protects against formation Ulcers
- Prevent stomach problems
- Supports the work of the digestive system
- They are pre-installed
- Counteracting neurodegenerative diseases, such as dementia (antioxidant effect)
- They calm nausea and heartburn in pregnant women
How many calories are in one banana?
One banana contains about 100 calories. Provides a large dose of easily digestible energy. It is ideal for people who exercise. It perfectly satiates a sudden hunger – it’s better to have a banana than a candy bar. Ripe bananas provide energy quickly, while green fill you up for longer.
What are the types of bananas?
The yellow banana varieties are the most common, but they are known about 400 types, and bananas can be divided into two types:
- Sweet – is intended to be eaten raw; The most famous of its types is the Cavendish
- Flour – intended for cooking and frying.
In addition to the yellow color of the peel, ripe bananas can be red, pink, purple and almost black. You don’t have to worry about that The black end of a banana is unhealthy or unhealthy – you can chop it or not.
How do you choose bananas?
The fact is that a ripe banana, which already has brown spots on its skin, is the healthiest. What are the best bananas to buy:
- Withielonkawe If they are to be eaten later, they will be able to ripen safely for several days at room temperature. This unripe fruit can be eaten, but it is not very sweet and a little difficult to digest.
- Withółte Better to eat regularly.
- With brown spots – Such bananas should be eaten as soon as possible, it is better not to buy large quantities, such bananas are the sweetest.
How do I store bananas?
Bananas should be kept in a dry, somewhat dark, and cool place – otherwise they will ripen quickly (but sometimes this may be). However, it is better not to keep bananas in the refrigerator, as their peel turns black faster and also loses texture, and unripe loses vitamins. Bananas can be frozen, but before that they must be peeled and cut into pieces. When prepared this way, it can be stored well in the freezer for up to several months.
To speed up the banana’s ripening process, place it next to the apple or tomato (or place it together in a paper bag). Wrapping the banana ends in foil slows the ripening process. Before that, you need to separate them from their clusters and wrap them in paper one after the other.
Important! Before consumption, bananas must be washed well – their peels accumulate in large quantities of plant protection products and materials that protect against spoilage during transport.