BADUR MOHAMED, DUAA ALZATARI
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL drive-thru supper club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Normally we would invite you to break bread during one of our traditional Supper Clubs, however we are currently limited in our ability to host gatherings. With the overwhelming success of our drive-thru supper club on International Refugee day, we decided to continue events where we deliver delicious to-go boxes of authentic cuisines directly to your car.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL drive-thru supper club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a plate full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Drive up to pick up your to go dinner on Saturday, October 24th from 5 pm – 6:00 pm at STL Foodworks, 408 N Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108. Our volunteers will be wearing face masks and gloves and will bring your dinner directly to your car.
Chicken Masala (Indian)
– Chicken, vegetable oil, coconut milk, Indian spices, cumin, turmeric.
– Vegetables oil, rice, cumin, cinnamon, cardamon.
– is deep fried bulgur stuffed with beef, pine nuts a little onion and Mediterranean spices.
– a salad of tomato, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
– a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with ghee and rose water.