Months ago most of us had never heard of Zoom, now it’s all we’re thinking about, whether it is an important meeting with a client or drinks and a quiz night with friends on a Friday night. So, how do you get your face camera ready, without using many products or a lot of unnecessary effort? That’s easy.
We’ve outlined all you need to know for looking your best video calls, including a five-minute DIY facial routine for glowing, perky skin, – and a speedy make-up look that requires no more than four products. Here’s how to get it ‘just right’ on Zoom.
Your 5-minute DIY facial
- De-puff with ice: Ice your face to help with de-puffing before applying products. Alternatively, keep lotions and creams in your fridge overnight.
- Steam & Cleanse: Let your shower run so the room gets steamy to open up pores. In the shower, use a gentle cleanser like Summer Fridays Super Amino Gel Cleanse, £34, which uses plant ingredients that won’t strip skin. We recommend, double-cleansing with an oil-based cleanser or micellar water first if you’ve been wearing make-up.
- Speed exfoliate: Use an exfoliator to smooth and brighten. Stella loves using Kora Organics Turmeric Brightening & Exfoliating Mask, £43, that washes off in the shower.
- Serum on dewy skin: Apply your serum straight after the shower when your skin is moist and primed to absorb the ingredients. Stella loves La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Dermallergo Serum, £28.
- Hydrate: Apply your moisturiser – or go straight to a mask. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask, £22.50 is a great all rounder for fresh-air-deprived skin that’s lacklustre and dehydrated.